Give to Beat Parkinson's Today
Our program is based on national research around the benefit of exercise to alleviate Parkinson’s symptoms and slow the progression of the disease. Meditation, breathing techniques and stretching are integral parts of the program, too. Trainers challenge each individual to go beyond what they think they can do!
Here are some testimonials from our strong Beat PD members who fight the fight!
- "It's amazing, it's given me back hope," said Lisa Dolishny, of Branford, CT., who was diagnosed 7 years ago at age 40. "I no longer feel like I'm alone, and it's helped with slowing down the progression."
- "It's a tremendous support group," said Tom Black, 74, from Guilford, CT.
- "With this disease… I had to give up my career," Vanasse said. "This has been an amazing transformation for me because I was very depressed and had anxiety. Starting the exercise program took me out of that and brought me back to where I felt more human."
- "It's great for my balance, and I started moving," said Bankowski, who was diagnosed three years ago. "Before, because of my Parkinson's, I couldn't do anything."
- Jim Niner, an 82-year-old who has frequented the class for 10 weeks, even practices at home and said he hopes to buy his own boxing gloves soon. "It's given me more strength," Niner said. "I feel a lot better; there are exercises I didn't know about."